April 14, 2015

1 Dress, 5 Ways

Hello berryful ladies and gentlemen!

Sawry there wasn't a weekend post. I didn't have much of a weekend. Actually that's not 100% true. On Friday, on the way home from work, Cakes decided we should watch Fast and Furious 7. Soooo over the top, and so much fun to watch!!! Well, apart from the fact that this was Paul Walker's last film. It's just so sad. Yes, I shed a few tears :( Cakes on the other hand, was all "I have to join a gym and get a personal trainer." Maybe he should watch The Rock and Vin Diesel movies everyday to get him active :p

On Saturday evening, Cakes had an impromptu boli and fish hangout in our apartment after the elections. He actually went to "borrow" tomatoes, and the next thing - PARTAAAAAAAAY at CASA DEL CAKES!


We watched Black Girls Rock, and my my my, do I feel so underachieved!!! Then we argued about celeb rumors vs. facts (e.g. Will Smith and Jada's open marriage is a rumor, but their children are definitely wacko is a fact).

And then on Sunday, we went to church, had a few stops to make and ate way too much BAD food! I'm punishing myself for it as we speak.

So weekend run down completed, here's what I wanted to show you. I got this dress from The 5K Shop last month (and wore it to the Lagos Grill Festival). But I thought about different ways to wear it and thought to share. I know we live in a time where if you were something more than once (even to different events ON THE SAME DAY O), certain people will scoff and look down on you. Honestly, you shouldn't even let it bother you, because at the end of the day, it's your money you're spending or not spending on new clothes. And anyways, who cares what others think?! In the meantime, you can find ways to rock and REROCK your clothes. So check out my 1 Dress in 5 Different Ways below.



STYLE 1 - Wear your skater dress as is. Keep it casual with flats or slippers.











STYLE 2 - Add a pop of color with a chambray shirt and matching heels. I added a head band too.









STYLE 3 - Wear your dress as a pinafore!

Ewwww, no Cheese Balls for me!






Who likes my Navy Blue French Tips?





STYLE 4 - Grab some heels and a cardigan, wear it over your dress and belt it.













STYLE 5 - Throw on a blazer, pumps and a classic bag to take things up a notch!











Which one is your favorite?

Have a lovely week! :)

P.S I must have a thing for Polka Dots!

43 comments:

  1. Pinafore is doing it for me!!!!!!!!!

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pinafore, then the cardigan. But that was before I saw the blazer! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real nice Berry. ..I absolutely love it all...thumbs up and u do a great job with the blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. emmm... Nice outfit(s) but na dat boil and fish carry my attention. Abeg when is the next hangout biko? Boys are hungry you know. On a bachelor somtin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOOOOOOOL!!! Come on over :D

      I'll even allow you guys play PS4 in peace

      Delete
  5. #6 - wear a top over it so the dress looks like a skirt.

    That being said, I like the pinafore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried o. Didn't work. I might have used the wrong kinda shirt. Even tried tucking into pants - EPIC FAIL!

      Delete
  6. The chambray look then the pinafore, either ways is uber chic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is really pretty on you and I love all the different stylings. Because yellow is my favourite colour sha, I'll pick the touch of yellow. And your hair is beautiful xx

    www.tomilolaescada.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Really creative? Never woulda thought about the pinafore option

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done the pinafore thing with other dresses, so I figured why not, with this one too

      Delete
  9. My first comment here ,i think i will be visiting more often now,what camera do you use please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!!!

      I use a Samsung NX300 camera

      Delete
  10. Wow I love this post so much and the versatility in each outfit just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blazer look more... then the pinafore. Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got the 'Wow' factor - they al look nice....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great styling dear. My favs are the Pinafore and Cady over the dress. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Boli and fish got my mouth watering....

    ReplyDelete
  15. They all look so nice!!! and your hair is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Hehe, I don't even eat them - cheese is yucky.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  17. THE HAIR, THE LOOK AND OVERALL SHARPNESS......................................>>>>>>>>>>>>THE PINAFORE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The effort you put in A+. All five outfits A+.

    I wouldn't have envisioned the pinafore option at all.

    I love how you changed your hairstyle to match the various outfits.

    You are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you so much. I give you an A++++ for your comment!

      Delete
  19. I love them all Berry! All! In fact I'm selecting dresses I have that would suit these!

    G

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you about this post! Let's all learn and share our worlds.