August 4, 2015

How I Wear My Twenty Six Skirt

I can't remember where I heard about Twenty Six Co, but I've seen a few bloggers over the past few months wear them and made a mental note to check them out. It took me a while though - at least 6 months or so to finally decide to purchase a skirt from them, and boy am I glad I did.

Do y'all remember my outfit from my uncle's party in Abuja?

Yup, that one. I ordered the skirt in June. When I placed the order, I sent in my waist size (maybe hip too, I can't remember) and I think it's great that the skirts are custom-made for you. I chose the Goddess print but you can choose any print you want. The skirt came within a week or two after ordering. I absolutely loved the packaging and sweet note attached. I think all Nigerian business, Cake Factory/Cakesiena included, should look at upping their packaging game!!!






I knew I wanted to wear the skirt somewhere nice but didn't have anything special planned for it. However, as my uncle's party got closer, I remembered I had the skirt and decided to pair it with this top - I actually wore the top backwards. It's a faux wrap top from New York and Company, and while the V is not that serious, I chose to wear it that way for the party, so I could show off my henna tattoo or lalle as it's called.












Everyone loved my outfit, and I can't wait to wear my Twenty Six Co skirt again. I wonder if I can dress it down though. Maybe a simple white tee would do the trick? What do you think?

22 comments:

  1. You can definitely dress it down, wearing the top the other way round was a good idea. I really love the fabric of the skirt - so glam.

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to wear it with a t-shirt and block heels as another way. Maybe a denim jacket too?

      Delete
  2. I love that henna. Simple and chic. gorg outfit too

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty skirt, i love it and the hair too very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. shoes- nice, top- nice, hair- awesome, tatoo- indifferent, skirt- its a no no for me... buh u look nyc tho and yes u can dress down



    VISIT MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Berry,

    You look great, perfectly styled. Full skirts keep winning :-)

    Yep, there's something always fresh about a white tee with a cool print or inscription on the front, that would definitely "dress down" this skirt nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nedoux! I really like full skirts - they have this retro glam thing about them, right?

      Delete
  6. Twenty six never disappoints and their packaging is lovely! Love your henna tattoo.

    One Dress Three Ways

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them. Their new Floral Print has me salivating. Goodness.

    thealaroroshopaholic.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE FLORAL PRIIIIIIIIIIINT!!! I wanted it in a dress but they couldn't do it. Broke my heart to pieces :(

      Delete
  8. Hey Berry, this outfit is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there a way to see their merchandise without using tumblr?

    www.pynk360.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Twenty-Six skirt. They get an A+ for packaging and the neatness of their work. I love that it's custom-made and the speed at which they "custom-make" it.

    I love this print that you got and the styling - letting it steal the show. It would be a great Christmas party outfit.

    www.tomilolaescada.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right - the shiny gold would go so well with Christmas parties.

      Delete
  11. You look gorgeous and I love the art on your back.

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you about this post! Let's all learn and share our worlds.