November 17, 2015

Berry TBC Connect Weekend

As y'all know, this past weekend, Tuke Morgan, Cassie Daves and I had our Meet and Greet event. It was dubbed TBC Connect (Tuke, Berry, Cassie for those wondering what TBC meant). It was something that had been a long time coming, as the first time we discussed it was during the Leading Ladies Africa event, which was almost 5 months ago!


It was Cassie's idea, and though it took a while to actually get started on it, and there were a few hiccups along the way, everything came together quite beautifully at the end.

We had about 20 guests, some who had never even read any of our blogs, but saw the event on Bella Naija and decided to come anyway. Shouts out to Pulse Nigeria also, for spreading the word. I was really astounded and grateful to God, our family/friends, our readers and all the vendors who made it all possible and supported us. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Okay, lemme stop writing and share some of the photos we took - unfortunately, we didn't have a professional photographer, so all I have are pictures that Cakes helped me take, and some from Tuke as well.



Ethnic Heritage Centre went ABOVE and BEYOND for us!!! Their customer service and hospitality is something that is rare to find in Nigeria, and I must commend every single one of their staff and management. You guys need to go there - it's such a chill and fun place. You can take language classes (Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa and French), and they have skills classes too - Gele, Bead Making, Sewing, Crafts, etc. Also use them for smaller events like bridal showers, classes, even small weddings! Oh, and I heard their small chops was awesome - I didn't eat out of excitement.









Our makeshift Instaboard - Cakes helped us make it himself in the car impromptu




Some of the Giveaway Winners




A video posted by Berry Dakara (@berrydakara) on

Just before the event started, a lady walked in with 3 bags and said that Eve and Tribe heard about the event and decided to send us gifts!!! We were completely shocked! And they also sent our guests flyers with 20% off discounts on their clothes!!!




I really like this photo Tuke took of us.
I hope it's not a one-time thing. The guests who came to speak to me afterwards, said they had a nice time. All we really did was talk and share about different things - blogging, finding purpose, architecture vs. building (for real, we spent a good 5-10 minutes on this topic), self-esteem and much more. I think that what I learned is that people actually want to share their lives - they want to meet other like-minded people - they want to CONNECT. And that's what this event was about. It wasn't just about us LifeStyle bloggers having an event - it was about CONNECTION. THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR SUPPORT! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Tuke, Berry, Cassie

37 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful...I love this life sharing event.
    It's inspiring!
    Wish i was there.........#Distance factor!
    The Beautiful Eagle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dearie. Hopefully one of these days, you get to come by :)

      Delete
  2. This looks like it was fun. I'm glad everyone had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love, love, love this!!!
    The feeling of an event coming together after months and all of planning...priceless!!

    More more, more TBC!
    Hopefully, I can be at the next one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot dear. We'll do what we can to have another one :)

      Delete
  4. It's so wonderful to see your posts looks like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures, so sad I couldn't attend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely!!! Berry your B didn't work oh. You had to use your mouth LOL. Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Eve and Tribe gifts must have been a lovely surprise. Most of the bloggers I read, I have never met so an event where you get to meet some of your readers is a really good idea.

    www.tunrayosthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was!!! I'm still surprised to be honest.

      And yeah, it was nice mingling with our readers.

      Delete
  8. Awww I had so much fun. Rocked the rings I won on sunday :) I really hpe there's another.

    Mira La Belle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaaaaaaay! Ah ah, already rocking your giveaway? Nice!

      Delete
  9. Awww, this looks like so much fun. So sad I couldn't make it. How can you guys bear to stand beside Cassie eh? I bow for una o, lol.

    www.barbara1923.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can make the next one.

      Lol, it's called confidence!

      Delete
  10. It's official. I'm never staying away from blogsville for so long anymore. I should not have missed this event. The pain is real I tell you. My camera would have come in handy too. When is the next one abeg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, why were you away? What happened?

      I'll let you know when the next one is :)

      Delete
  11. Merry Berry,

    Ah! I had a wonderful time on Saturday, the ambience was so chilled, the company was delightful, the discussion felt like sweet gist with friends and was very inspiring. I forgot to tell you, the puff- puff was very tasty and the chilled zobo complimented it nicely. Lol

    You guys did great, thank you so much for organising the event. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...Nedoux! Was so lovely meeting my blog sisters, brethren & readers. :-) The discussion really felt like sweet gist, Nne.
      A big fat thanks to Berry, Tuke and Cassie for providing a platform to meet and interact. Plus the amazing giveaways....Y'all rock! :* Thank Berry!

      Xo..

      Delete
    2. Nedo, yes the puff puff was very nice. By the time I went back for a second helping, it had all disappeared. It was meeting everyone. Weldone TBC.

      Delete
    3. Thanks a whole lot Nedoux, Ebony and Aka!!! I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Us bloggers should be more united and come together more often.

      Delete
  12. looks like a hella great time! so happy to see bloggers unite, empower, share a word or two or many about the trial and tribulations of blogging. great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashi. I've been noticing a little bit of unhealthy competition between bloggers, and I don't think it's the right way to go. We can all learn from each other.

      Delete
  13. Awww you all had lots of fun, I missed this for sure. Should consider relocating to Lagos, all the fun stuff happens there.
    Koko

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Job Berry, Savvy and Chic would have loved to be sponsors.,.please let us know next time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dabs. You know it was on the back of my mind, and somehow I just never got around to asking. :(

      Will do next time

      Delete
  15. Looked like a fab event, well done dear! Hopefully I will be able to attend the next one.

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the success of your event. Who won the AN products? :)

    Mrs Brown’s Ministry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ma'am. A couple of people, but I forgot them at home. I'll send it to them later.

      Delete
  17. Amazing event, Glad I could make it. Had an amazing time and met very amazing people. Meeting like minds is always an amazing feeling. Wonderful environment too and to Berry, *thumbsup * as you married a bundle of wisdom.

    www.lifestreasury.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great meeting you too and I'm glad you had an amazing time. LOL @ my bundle of wisdom - future presidential things!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you about this post! Let's all learn and share our worlds.